Friday, November 17, 2006

Travels, Travels, Travels



I'm sitting here gazing at my really great Fibre Optic UFO lamp. It's one of the best investments I've ever made. It does work best in the dark, so I like to come into my office at night to work on this (my blog) and stare at my new "lamp". It's interesting, though, that they call it a lamp because it doesn't really light up the room... it is just something that turns a little and shows a lot of funky colours on the tips of it's fibre optic needles... is fibre optics one word?? Help me out.


Anyway, next week I start out on a trip to the final frontier. Going places that I've never gone before... (yeah, I used to watch Star Trek... but I'm not a trekky..trekie? - see, I don't even know how to spell it). I'm heading off to Ontario on Tuesday. Now, I really like flying and I really like going places I've never been before and I really like meeting new people... so, it's perfect! Have I told you yet that I really love my job?? I do. I think it has really driven home the verse on the top of the screen: "If I rise on the wings of the dawn, or settle on the far side of the sea..." It's nice to know that He (my great, fantastic God) will be with me. He knows where I am all the time. I love that... "even there (in Ontario) His hand will guide me and His right hand will hold me fast.."

2 comments:

Hottsauce said...

okay, just so you know, anyone who watched Star Trek is a Trekkie. And you used to watch it right? right. So that makes you a trekkie. sorry, but it does. I am the official "who's a trekkie who's not a trekkie?" expert, so I know these kind of things..

Sheryl said...

oh great.