Hey everybody! I just finished an INCREDIBLE evening with the Evergreen Heights Youth group here in Simcoe. The evening was very casual which allowed for lots of questions and lots of time afterwards to talk with, well.. all the youth! It was really fun! The evening ended with a rousing game of Dodgeball during which one of the girls was hit squarely in the nose, relegating her to the washroom to stop the bleeding. Since the youth pastors' wife was not there, I went to see how she was doing and we ended up talking at length about College and Bible school in general. After dodgeball, we did a draw for the Bethany t-shirt that I had brought and I gave away a bunch of pens because everyone wanted one.. so why not... All in all, I would love to visit here again. I had a number of youth ask why I would come to Simcoe to recruit people and not just visit the bigger centres, but that's what I really like doing the best! So, here are some pictures from today.. none of the youth group, though.. I left my camera in the car.. oops.

I took the scenic route up to Simcoe from Leamington, right along Lake Erie. It was quite beautiful, though the speed limit was only 80km/h most of the time and there was no "traffic" to keep up with.

Of course, I was driving for a good part of today... although I did reach Simcoe early enough to go down to Port Rowan to see if I could make some connections there.

At Port Rowan, I talked with the youth pastor on my phone. She was on her way to St. Catharines but we had a really great talk. I had parked in a small parking lot overlooking the lake. It was +12 today, for all you Saskatchewanians out there. ... I don't know if I'll want to come back home after this trip!
1 comment:
You don't have to rub it in that it's warm there. Hepburn is -16 right now (-27 with windchill). I shoveled the walk yesterday!!!
Your kitty misses you (and is very affectionate these days). She'll keep you warm when you return.
Lisa
Post a Comment