
On the way out to Lake Erie
Docks in the Harbour

Me at the Leamington Harbor
I actually met a guy on that little walkway that you see behind me there. He was an old immigrant from Portugal. His name is Louis Carvalho or something like that. He wanted to take me out for coffee, but then someone walked by with a dog that he knew and I didn't have to make too many excuses.
After sightseeing the harbour and the ferry area, I drove out to Pelee Point, which is (for all you geographical freaks out there) the southernmost point of Canada!!

A map to the southern-most tip of Canada...

This was pretty cool! Read it on the next picture...

Rome and Barcelona?!?!

This is the bench that I sat on looking at the tip of the end of Canada!
This is me and Lake Erie

This is me and some guy I met on the path to the tip of Canada....
There! So, those were my sightseeing adventures.. As far as work goes, my presentation at UMEI this morning went terrific considering that none of my electronics worked (power point and dvd) so I just kind of winged it and I think it went well. No one threw any tomatoes at me (did you know that Leamington in the Tomato Capital of Canada?? There is a Heinz factory right downtown). In the afternoon I visited a number of places (churches and schools) and met some really neat people. It was fun... as my job is always fun! So, with that, I'll leave you with a picture of me that I took... well, you can figure out where it is...


2 comments:
Sheryl:
Well you may not believe this but I have actually been to Leamington and to the harbour. ....and yes I knew that Leamington is the tomato capital. Have you seen their tourist information booth? The BIG TOMATO!!! Glad you are doing well. Good quality on the digital photos. Somehow we are managing without you here, but of course I miss your laughter!!! You missed the chocolate pie at coffee break yesterday. mmmm delicious! Thanks for the note you left on my desk.
Enjoy the nice weather there. We are told to watch for a winter storm in the next 2-5 hours blowing in from Alberta.
Blessings!
Your Receptionist!!!!!
Hey MOH!
Sounds like you're having too much fun out there! I love you :) Sorry I missed chatting with you today
:( Elena was "talking" to you on the phone yesterday. Hope it was a good conversation.
Love and hugs!
Jo
Post a Comment