Monday, November 27, 2006

It's Summertime in the City...

Well, maybe not quite. But, it was pretty warm here today. I know, I should quit blabbing about the good weather for all my poor Saskatchewan people. Don't worry, if it doesn't kill you, it'll only make you stronger.... right?


So, over lunch today I was a guest at Eden High School. I met with Mark Townsend who is the head of Student Services there and he set me up in a very high volume area... the cafeteria! I'm thinking that in the future some of the those students might have the Bethany banner subliminally entered in their brains and they'll remember it whenever they eat an egg salad sandwich.. or whatever they were eating today.



I had a good talk with a group of grade 9 girls that actually, had to talk to me because they were sitting right in front of my booth. They all entered the draw for the free t-shirt... but sadly, none of them won. The winner was a grade 11 student. Hooray for her!!



One of the interesting things about this trip: I realized that I had forgotten a lot of clothing at home (I think it's hanging in the laundry room... pants, especially) so I've basically worn the same outfit every day... I know, that's gross... but no one knows, right? Because I was in a different town/city every day.. And, of course I changed as soon as possible into less "professional" clothing for touristing.... or even for eating at Wendy's.


This little map would have really handy today. Driving in a city that was buillt around a lake means that the streets don't necessarily go North/South and East/West... very confusing for a Saskatchewan girl.

This is the view from my car where I get wireless internet... from the harbour??

Again, the view from my car. Yes, I'm in the parking lot. I suppose I may be a "loser"...

Did I ever tell you that I think he would make a great Governor General?....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know all about wearing the same clothes. Look at all the CCU western fair pics! I'm probably famous in Canada now for my light brown sweater with the stripe across the chest! If I recall, you had a nice sweater/blouse/pants combo that made its appearance a few times on the tour. Unfortunately, my point proves that someone is paying attention to what we wear. But as long as we don't smell, right? =)

Heather said...

I notice you still haven't mentioned me on your blog. What do I have to do to be important enough for a mention, anyway? By the way, Steve wants you to do a Bethany presentation when you're here.

Stephen said...

Dunn, I think I remember that sweater. It looked good.