I guess I have two days to make up for here. Yesterday I didn't find the time to get a blog done.. but it wasn't too exciting anyway. It seems like now that I'm away from the Great Lakes (well, relatively far) nothing too exciting seems to be happening. I suppose though, that I should be reporting more on the kinds of connections that I've been making and not necessarily the tourist attractions that I've visited.... okay.
Yesterday, I had a good time at Rockway Mennonite Collegiate. The funny thing was that there were probably 8 students and/or teachers that mentioned to me how the school was small and when I finally found out how big it was... 400+!! Hmmm. They must be thinking relatively, too. Apparently, though, all the other schools in this area are in the range of 1500 or so. 400 is pretty puny then. Anyway... the business students at Rockway were also set up in my hallway and they were selling numerous things as part of their class. I bought a pretty necklace from some very nice students! I also gave away a t-shirt, numerous pens (not on purpose) and a whole whackload of rulers. Fun fun fun!
Today, I had a terrific visit with Hepburn alumnus Ross Penner. It was good to talk to someone who actually knew where and what Bethany college is all about. We had herbal tea and talked of many things. Later today, I visited some places but since they were touristy... I can't really talk about them... but here are some pictures:

These are some trees that I saw on the way to Kitchener. Does anyone know what kind they are??

Ahhh, isn't that beautiful..??

This is the Holiday Inn that I was tempted to stay in. It was near St. Jacobs Farmers Market (which apparently in a tourist attraction..)

Here is a Country Playhouse also near St. Jacobs Farmers Market. I really didn't understand why it was a great tourist attraction.. although I did see a pony there!
Apparently their dogs look different in Ontario...
2 comments:
Hey! I haven't kept up with your blog, so I have a lot of reading to do. I love the pics though (typical...I look at the pictures, skip the reading). That's not entirely true though...I did read all of the most recent entry. I just have to catch up on the rest. Glad to see that you're doing alright. You look great!
I've stayed at that Holiday Inn before...they gave a great rate and were incredibly hospitable!
Enjoy the rest of your trip. Thanks for keeping us posted...get it!? Posted...
Post a Comment