Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Last Stand


Well, this trip is almost over and I have to admit that I am a little sad... and that's not just because it's -25 and snowy back at home (beautiful Saskatchewan weather) and it's +12 out here... well, maybe that is the reason! But they do say that all good things come to an end, so this is it.


I thought I would "celebrate" my last morning here with a flourish:

Take a guess where this is...


The U.S. side.. not quite as fantastic, but nice nonetheless!

Yes, I'm very soaked.. and yes, I didn't take that picture by myself (and I didn't use the timer either)


This is before me and the barrel went over the edge...



It's actually pretty foggy here today so the pictures weren't as spectacular as I was hoping. Actually, last night I stayed with the Wohlgemut's and they took me to see the Falls at night. The lights were pretty amazing but none of the pictures turned out at all. So, a big thank you to Bethany for "making" me come out here to recruit. It's been fun!



Oh yes, I also checked out Canada's newest and biggest Casino/Hotel/Resort that was right near the falls. And just to prove that I was there..


Yeah, I know... it's in the bathroom. But I didn't feel comfortable taking a picture anywhere else. It was a very fancy bathroom (and no one else was in there..) and yes, I'm still wet from standing too close to the falls (the flat hair gives it away).


So, there ends my trip. Although, I guess I'm not quite home yet. Who knows, maybe my flight will be cancelled because of weather!! (Heather, do you get snow on your mountain out there in Kenya??)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LUV your site. Hope you had fun in Ontario. Are the falls really big. Hope your having fun at Beathany
Sarah

Heather said...

Nope. No snow here yet. Just a LOT of rain. (Thanks for mentioning me...finally!) I love you!

Erica said...

I think your hair looks quite nice in that last foe-toe... not flat at all. Did you know it's been snowing for like, 3 days... welcome home!!! Hehe...