I'm home for a little while now and it's wonderful! I feel like it's about time I sit down and enjoy winter. I've been anticipating winter since about June 1st and while I've seen bits and pieces of it since October, I think now it's here to stay and I'm finally able to be a "part" of it's chilly character.The first part of winter is truly bliss to me... really! The first snow, the first time I get to drive on winter conditions (I always want to careen around the corners and spin out at intersections), the first time it gets really REALLY cold and I get to bundle up... Since I've been travelling, though, it's been pretty hard to catch any of that. This week, though, has made all the difference.
The first part of winter also brings with it Christmas spirit, sale shopping and hot chocolate. I don't actually decorate much for Christmas, but i do have a string of sparkly angels in my living room and a tiny 1 ft christmas tree sitting on top of my bookcase. I'll get a few more decorations up yet, but I really don't need to. Yesterday I went to my home church for youth group and I briefly ran through my parents house to borrow a cd player. Mom's house is DECKED OUT in christmas regalia! Hopefully this weekend I get to drive on the winter roads, bundle up for the cold, and sip hot chocolate in my parents' living room... ah.. bliss...
3 comments:
Glad you're home for awhile! Enjoy =)
You want to hear what's REALLY bliss? How about sleeping in, then padding around in your pjs for most of the day, walking out into your warm, tropical garden, reading in the sunshine while sipping iced tea, watching monkeys jump from tree to tree as you walk along the forest path, taking a nice bubble bath, eating some chocolate, and then going back to sleep in your huge king-sized bed. Ahhhhh. That's what I call a Christmas vacation.
Heather, sometimes I hate you...
Post a Comment