First of all:
CONGRATULATIONS RIDERS!!!! WOOHOO!!!!
Second:
Yesterday I learned all about Gingerbread house making... and gingerbread dough eating. Did you know that gingerbread dough has now become my absolute favourite dough to eat? It's a good thing I don't make gingerbread except at Christmas.. and actually I've never made gingerbread until this Christmas.. well, until yesterday, actually!!
So, yesterday after work, I ran into the city for some "ingredients" which included 2 boxes of Robin Hood gingerbread mix and 3 boxes of Gingerbread House kits. I was very creative :) Then I trundled home and mixed up the gingerbread mix. I had thought that if we were making gingerbread houses, we would need to eat some gingerbread cookies at the same time so as not to be tempted to eat the houses right away. I consider myself to be very clever....

I ate a lot of gingerbread dough. It is so amazing. I even saved a little so I can eat some more today. Did your parents ever teach you not to eat dough? I have friends who were never allowed. I feel sorry for them. In my house growing up, Dad would always come up from his office while we were baking sweet things and take a bite or two of dough. There really is nothing much better than eating a spoonful of cookie dough, chocolate cake mix, muffin dough, cinnamon bun dough with all the sugar and butter and cinnamon on it already.. oh my word, I'm drooling...
So next time you make a gingerbread house, I recommend that you pick up a box of Robin Hood gingerbread mix. Before you bake all of those lovely gingerbread cookies or whatever it is you will be baking, taste the dough. It's heavenly!
3 comments:
Did you really make THAT house, or is that just clever clip art?
I don't know about being allowed... but I've always been a dough eater, myself. My kids eat dough too. They clean out bowls from whatever we bake... it works out great with the electric mixer beaters too... two kids, two beaters. yup.
oh, and the all time best dough? Banana muffins. I've sometimes wondered why we bake them at all. they're better as batter.
I must say congrats to the mighty riders. 3 trophies in 80+ years, not a bad average:)
well sheryl, i must say i have never tried the gingerbread cookie dough yet, but im my vast experience of cookie dough testing i must say that when i bake my chewy double chocolate chip cookies, well that must be the best dough around, heck you dont even need to bake it, just make a batch and eat it raw, mmmmm sooo good, i may wanna make some sooon now. and yes your riders won but for some odd reason the Lions will always have my heart.
oh ya this is froese by the way
Post a Comment