Where once only was pen and ink
'Tis now almost obsolete, I think
The notebook so genuine and true
Though Superstore still shelves quite a few
I think of my notebook now
So red, thick and proud
Sitting next to what now is sought
My wonderful Dell Laptop
But still do I take up my pen
And from my mind the words do stem
And I write them down for me to see
On paper and not on the screen
Sometimes when I forget my thought
I turn to the pen and paper I bought
And words flow freer from my hand
Then pressing the keys on my Dell brand
But, alas, in order to send
Those printed words out to a friend
The kind of money that it would take
Truly causes my hands to shake
And so I type out diligently
Those words I wrote so carefully
And with one finger click the mouse
From the warmth and safety of my house
But yet the notebook to me means
That I can save my imaginative dreams
And in the future I can look
Not on a screen, but in my own written book.
3 comments:
Nothing beats the pen & paper days. Great poem Sheryl!
Wowzers.
So glad I could introduce you to your new love!!!
Post a Comment