Wednesday, September 05, 2007

JUST LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE

What do people usually do with days off?

Why am I pondering this, you ask? Well, if you can believe it, I am taking some days off. This "holiday" time is always a little more difficult to take when
  1. I live in a basement suite
  2. I don't want to drive anywhere and spend money in driven-to place
  3. The internet is only available in my office... at work
  4. My laundry is already done
  5. Satellite TV is getting old
  6. Most of my family lives out in Manitoba
  7. Many of my close friends live far enough away that I won't be driving there
  8. My other close friends will be at work... where the internet is
  9. I live in small town Saskatchewan
  10. I get bored by myself very quickly

I have lots of "big" ideas for what to do with my holiday time. I would love to go canoeing, fishing, hiking, to West Edmonton Mall, IKEA, the mountains, Manitoba, swimming in a lake.... I even have some not-so-big ideas like curling up with a good book and my cat, playing Super Mario 3, writing a book, cooking a really great supper (with real vegetables... not the frozen kind hibernating in my freezer). Unfortunately, my not-so-big ideas get boring after a while because I get to do them all in one place... my basement suite. If only I had a gazebo. I think everything would be that much better if I had a gazebo to sit in and dream, write, gaze, drink iced tea, read... all alone.

Okay wait...I think I've put my finger on it. I really think it's the "all alone" part that gets to me. I envision having a day off to do all these great introspective kind of things... but I have to do it all by myself. *Sigh* Would anyone like to join me for some introspective time? You just need to sit in the same room as me... maybe talk sometimes...

3 comments:

Jo said...

Oh Sheryl, I really wish I could join you :( I'm happy you have days off. Just remember - you can always call me at work or home and then, maybe you won't be so bored, for a little bit anyway......

Stephen said...

Hehe... isn't it sad when holidays are stressful or boring and you just can't wait to get back to work.

Heather said...

YES!!! I DO want to join you! I really really really do! I wish I wasn't so durned far away. Well...I hope you're having a nice, relaxing day. I guess I can get off the internet now and stop waiting for you to show up on msn.

...I'm off to make some iced tea...