The experiences I've had of late don't really measure up to some I've had in the past. Many of you who know my good friend Jason Heide can ask him about the time that he came through for me and actually cleaned up some barf that was my responsibility; or there was the one time when I vomitted onto our kitchen floor after church one sunday and no one was there to help but one of my friends dad's who happened to be in the house at that precise moment when the liquid spattered all across the floor (and onto my shoes). I remember him dropping paper towel onto it and I was crying. But those are barf-times of the past. Now.. I deal in cat barf.
Yes, it's true, my friends. My cat, in order to SPITE me, barfs on my rug. Usually she does it on my entrance rug and I'm sorry if you have come over to my house and stepped there... I always make sure I clean it up very well. I really think she does it out of spite. She knows that as soon as I see it, I almost vomit myself. She knows that I HATE it. But, it's pay back for being away so much. At least, that's what I think. Now, I know some of you are very tempted right now to write me comments on how I can take better care of my cat... please don't tell me that. Lisa takes good care of her.. there is really NO reason for her to be VOMITTING on my ENTRANCE RUG except for that she is SPITING me. Really. I truly believe that.The other kind of vomit that I really can't stand (okay, well, I can't really handle ANY kind of vomit) is BABY VOMIT. I know I know. All it is, is milk and formula regurgitating itself upon someone else's shoulder. It would be fine if the baby just "spilled" the milk or formula on the shoulder... it's when it actually spews out of that baby's mouth that I gag and have to turn away. My sister, Joanne, is well aware of this reaction of mine and she has done a marvelous job of making sure I don't usually have to deal with vomitty babies.. at least not hers... but, I can't just go around telling people "Well, I'd love to hold your baby, but if it vomits on me, I really can't be held responsible for what happens afterward." Luckily, I don't ever really want to hold babies so I can find a gracious way to decline and save everyone the hassle of cleaning up a lot of vomit.
Maybe that's why I like horses so much. It has been scientifically proven that horses cannot vomit. Thank goodness.
8 comments:
Did you know that hippos fart through their mouths. That's not a piece of trivia I normally bring up in conversation, but this seemed like a suitable venue for such information.
Haha! Sorry... I just saw Heather's comment and forgot what I wanted to say!
LOL. I almost forgot what I was going to say too...
Phoebe barfs A LOT. Did she do that when she was your cat? She has a binge and purge problem. It's revolting. My mom has suggested the new Iams cat food that is supposedly easy to digest, but honestly I think it's more of an eating disorder than a digestion problem...
Riley hardly barfs...only when something is really wrong (and so it's very worrying for us if he does...like, did he ingest something toxic?).
That's interesting to know horses don't barf. However, they do some other things that perhaps don't make them the best house pets.
Well, I've been having to deal with this exact problem for the past four weeks already. Wow, not fun....
hmmm...good to know. I will remember that when I tell you about this week and once our baby is born. I am sorry I missed you this week. I look forward to you coming home :)
okay, so I followed your comment on my blog to here, and just read the post we talked about today. YEAH RIGHT I'm going to take a barfy, spiteful cat into my hair free home.
With all that mess to clean up I'd have no time to sharpen my scrabble skills.
he he he he he...
I got over it after becoming a mom but I also have no sence of smell so I get off easy!
he he he he he...
I will love hearing your new mommy stories when you become one!
Post a Comment