Tuesday, September 18, 2007

DANGER IN HEPBURN

The other day I was walking to a friends' house when I was accosted... on the streets of Hepburn!! I know, I was shocked too that such a thing could actually happen. Unfortunately, I didn't have my superhero costume close at hand, so I had to handle things like a normal girl.

What happened was that I was walking near the school (I think I might have been singing to myself too, but I can't remember... come to think of it, maybe that's why I was accosted...) when some punk came riding his bike around the corner and straight at me. I watched him come closer and closer thinking, like any normal person would think, that he would move over and pass me a little ways away. However, he kept coming straight towards me. I hesitated a little and then kept walking straight, again thinking that he obviously sees me so why doesn't he move over!? But... he didn't. He came straight at me. I said "What-" and stopped walking a little shocked and just at the last second he gave some kind of maniacal laugh and swerved around me. I turned around and said "That was funny!".. but it wasn't really. I was kind of mad.

I wish I would have had my super hero costume on. Then I could have grabbed him by the shirt and ripped him off that weenie little bike of his. I would have told him that it's not polite to run down girls in the street. I would have made him apologize. Then I would have confiscated his bike and made him walk home. That's what I should have done.

6 comments:

Becky said...

See? What I wanna know is WHO RAISES THESE PEOPLE??? Because I can promise you that my boys would/will never dream of doing that.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

It appears that many children in Hepburn have missed the boat when it comes to bike riding etiquette. We could share a few similar stories with you. Tim has ALWAYS wanted to give a Safe biking clinic in town. Maybe you could be the super hero mascott for it.

Melanie said...

I had a crazy experience with some punk last week - almost ran over him with my car because he decided to cut me and several other cars off, then proceeded to not follow the rules of the road at all. I almost donned my superhero costume and chased him down to give him a verbal lashing but my kiddies were in the car with me and I wasn't about to let them witness my anger.

Anonymous said...

Careful, next time he might be in a low flying plane.

Kelly said...

Well, at least you weren't accosted by the lady who walks around Hepburn IN HER PYJAMAS with two maniac, barking dogs (one of them might actually be a horse) and a husband who calls her from the street when she is inside a neighbor's house.. That is a fright. Personally, I go indoors when she approaches.

Anonymous said...

Poor punk was probably bored.