We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. -- Winston Churchill
Saturday, March 03, 2007
SOUP AND PIE
Today was the day of my church's Soup and Pie Fantastic Fundraiser and, well, it went fantastically! Yep. Although I didn't see Heather, Joanne or Dunn present... nor did I see Becky... we still survived quite well. We brought in a little over $1200 just by serving soup, buns, pickles, cheese, pie and coffee (and really weak coffee, I have to admit). We didn't put a price to anything, just asked for donations. It has been really neat to see the townn support of our church renovations. I think everyone is eager to see how it has been progressing. We will have to have another fundraiser inside the new building once it is finished.. or maybe everyone in town can just come Sunday mornings at 10:30am for our regular worship time! That would be really great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I wish I could've been there. But I did think of you and your church! Glad things went well.
Yummm. Did Mom make her famous chocolate cream pie?? It sounds like it would have been a good time. Sorry I didn't make it, but traffic was really bad.
My excuse or reason is the van is still stuck in the drive way...Did you save us some pie? LOL!
Sheryl, I'm so sorry I couldn't be there. That pie looked so yummy. There were a series of unfortunate events that kept me from making it....I bet your pie was the tastiest (don't tell mom I said that ;)
Post a Comment