Jambo! Yes, that's right. As soon as I stepped off the plane I started speaking Swahili... ha ha...I AM HERE! It is just as incredibly beautiful as I was imagining! I'm surprised by the weather. It feels a lot like summer in Saskatchewan. At least, where RVA is located, 7000 ft above sea level. Apparently it takes 3 weeks to get used to the air up here, so I'll just get used to it and then I'll have to fly back to Canada.... oh yeah, I have to come back to Canada... let's not think about that at the moment!
I did forget something at home, though.. the computer connection for my digital camera. I'll try to find something that will work in it's place, but for this post there won't be any authentic pics that I took myself. But, don't worry, everyone.. I already took a self portrait of me in Nairobi!
This is a picture (that I didn't take) of Mount Longonot. We drove passed it to get to RVA. It is a dormant volcanoe. Heather told me a story about some of the tales behind it's explosion but I can't remember it all. I think it had something to do with running around the top if you wanted to get married... hmmm..
11 comments:
Awsome! I get to post the first comment to you while you are in africa!
Remember SLEEP INSIDE THE ELECTRIC FENCES!
Don't really have anything else to say...
LOL. I can just picture you zooming round and round the crest. Ha ha ha!
(Did you give Heather my hug yet?)
Looks like so much fun! Remember "Joe vs. the Volcano"? That was a funny movie - your story reminded me of that...hee hee
Have fun seeing the giraffes!!
Love you!
Yay! My Sheryl-withdrawal was becoming bad. Glad you made it, and you're blogging!
What will you be doing there? Are you going to be helping out Heather with her work? Where exactly are you? I wanted to check out the area on Google Earth.
Hi, Sheryl,
I expect the weather may be a bit nicer in Kenya than in Sask at the moment... Wish I were there.
Thanks for the card. I've been laughing all week about the Bethany Visa faux pas. The funniest thing ever.
Happy travels.
Colleen
Good to have you blogging again. I hope you get the camera cord problem fixed.
I'm with Anne... sleep inside the electric fences. Oh, and don't feed strange monkeys.
Glad you arrived safe and sound. Mario & Luigi are doing well in my part of the house (I'm ready to conquer water world all alone...).
I'm excited that you're there and can't wait to hear more.
Lisa
P.S. The volcano has secret marriage powers, huh? Does it work to do it for others too?? (tee hee)
P.P.S. Gabby says hi (well, she actually says "meow", but I interpreted).
Hi Sheryl... I owe you a work email too... but since you're in Africa, maybe it can wait?! JK. Hope you're having fun, looking forward to your pictures.
I am so glad you got there safe. Have a wonderful time! We miss you already...the office just isn't the same without you!!!!
Thinking of you lots!
Kelsie-Lynn
PS...The fish bowl smell is almost gone from the office...yipeee!!!
Man, I can just picture you running on the crest of the volcano...
Glad to see you loyal to Bethany even in Africa! Have a great time, and enjoy the suntan - er, I mean sunBURN.
Post a Comment