Friday, March 16, 2007

I'M OFF

This will be my last post before I head to Kenya. I'm pretty sure that I'll be too busy with packing and laundry and making sure all the "loose ends" are taken care of, that I won't get back to blogging again. So, to my canadian friends (and my one northern USA friend who lives in a snow zone), I bid thee well... farewell to the snow covered landscape... Au Revoir to the icy streets... aufweidersen to the cold north winds and to wearing 10 layers of clothing....

I was thinking last night about how odd I'm going to look, coming back to "cold" Canada looking all tanned (probably burnt, actually... that's what usually happens). Or maybe when I get back, Canada won't be cold anymore and I won't look too out of place!

I have threatened my travelling companions that I am going to dress in khakis and button up, rolled up sleeves, shirts and a safari hat for the entire time that I'm there. If I'm going to be a tourist, I may as well dress the part, right?

See you in Africa!

6 comments:

Heather said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!! I can hardly wait. Your post actually made me cry because I'm SO excited!!! I can't believe your visit is so close! It's going to be great!

Becky said...

I'm so jealous. Will you give Heather a BIG hug from me please?

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip and a great time there with your sis!

Jo said...

I'm going to miss you!!!
I hope you have so much fun with Heather and fun meeting the tigers and giraffes and other animals out there. I hope you get to taste a lot of tasty food and get lots of warm sun! I hope you take lots and lots of pics so I can see them! I hope you wear lots of "touristy" outfits! That would be funny :) I love you MOH...

Kat said...

Have a great trip, McSheryl :-D Do you still remember? I actually called you like that in good old times.
McDonalds forever!!!

I've been in Aftica once, too.
So have fun and God bless you out there!!!

Anonymous said...

Very excited to hear from you in Africa!
Make sure you take pics of yourself. I am excited to see your safari get-up!