
I'm realizing the effects of sitting in my office or in my rental car or simply standing at a booth all day... I'm out of shape. These last two days I took some well-deserved time off to help paint the new addition of my church. When I agreed to do this, I didn't take into consideration the physical toll it would take on my person! Today, back in the office, my hand are sore from grippping the roller, my shoulders are sore from the constant up and down motion of rolling on paint, my neck is sore from looking up at the edging and my feet are sore from standing, crouching and walking all day long. Needless to say.. I'm a wreck! I could use another 2 days off just to recover. Plus, the people I was working with were absolute work horses! They regularly work 12 hour days .. just to finish everything in the church. Amazing!
Today in the office I got to e-mail a bunch of potential students, talked to my co-worker Kelsie, set up a tour for a visiting interested student, overreacted to a situation, went for a walk downtown, bought some cookie dough (which, btw, is not as good as homemade stuff), came back to the office, apologized for making a big deal out of nothing and ended the day with a very encouraging conversation. God is good!
Only 10 days until I leave for Africa... the countdown has BEGUN!
4 comments:
I can't say I'm feeling your pain right now. I really haven't had to do too much with our kitchen renovation. That will change soon, however, as we start painting and tiling. One thing you have going for you though...the work you're doing isn't in your own home! We have a layer of drywall dust over just about everything on the ground floor.
Will you blog from Africa? Or at least e-mail me? I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip!
Wow... Dunn's in Sheryl withdrawls already. :-)
Our office jobs are really great, but I'm feeling the same lack of physical activity. I just saw a pic of myself when I was working outside doing lawn care for the summer. Skinnier and brown... that guy is gone for now.
Painting is hard work. My sister runs marathons and when she came to help me paint last time she was sore for days afterwards. I think it requires special conditioning. Brutal. I love it though. Love. It.
Sheryl...get ready for trudging up and down hills at an altitude of over 7000 ft here at RVA. Sorry...I really AM feeling sympathetic about your aches and pains. I'm glad you had a good end to the day...and I'm PUMPED that the COUNTDOWN has BEGUN!!
Post a Comment