Thursday, March 22, 2007

RIFT VALLEY ACADEMY

Today was a whirl wind of school! Heather had me and Deb attend all of her classes so she could introduce us to her students as well as all the staff during their staff meeting/Chai time. I must say that I'm not a fan of Chai, but meeting the staff was fun!

I found that Deb's camera cord works for my camera so we are back in business with the self portraits... ha ha ha:
The campus of RVA is incredibly beautiful. There is a grand view of the Great Rift Valley and Mount Longonot. The sun was out for most of the afternoon but the morning and evening were quite cool and I had to even wear a sweater... which I didn't think I would have to do! I watched a rugby practice with Heather and 2 of her students after school and I did 1 and a half Bethany presentations in 2 of Heathers' classes. The 1/2 one was just an informal one but I still did show the Bethany video and talk about the school quite a bit, so maybe it would count as a full one too!
The wierd thing about this place is that the wind gets more fierce during the evening. I'm used to the wind dying down after the sun sets, but here it just blows harder and harder. I heard that Kijabe (the town near RVA) means "Place of the Wind".

Here are some pictures:

This was the first view I had of the Great Rift Valley on our drive there yesterday morning.

One of the views from a walk around RVA.

The soccer/rugby field and the Valley behind. This is just across the road from Heather's house.

This is Heather's cute little house. It is actually a little bit bigger as it has an upstairs to the left that goes above another suite.

6 comments:

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Yeah I get to be the first to comment. Those pictures are beautiful! The Rift Valley looks amazing! Keep up with the self portraits. I want to see your tan progress!!! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you answered my question for the previous post. For some reason I didn't put 2 and 2 together (that makes 4). We've had a couple of students come from RVA the past few years (I'm the MK/TCK rep). That's cool you're over the representing Bethany. They probably don't get much in-person visits from North American colleges.

Stephen said...

Cool pics. Africa is so very beautiful.

Jo said...

Wow! What a beautiful place!
Don't "work" too hard - hey, you could put everything on the expense account! :)
Did you see the giraffes yet? I want to see pictures.
Love yah!

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful!

Becky said...

I'm loving all these pictures! Is that Dobby sitting in front of Heather's house? She may not like him, but he makes that shot look so quaint! Ha ha ha!