Then we headed off to the Nairobi Giraffe Center. We got to feed the giraffes some food pellets and although we were encouraged to put a pellet in our mouth so the giraffe would "kiss" us... I did not do it! I just fed them out of my hands. They are such beautiful animals! Their eyes are huge!
Next we went to the Maasai market which is a market on the roof of one of the shopping malls in Nairobi. They sell practically everything there as far as souvenirs go and the prices are apparently cheaper than anywhere else. Of course, you have to barter the price down and for silly tourists like me... well, I'm not sure if I got any really good deals!
I'm getting a wonderful sunburn from the African sun!
7 comments:
I'm definitely not interested in kissing a giraffe! But to be so close to that tall creature... how very intimidating!
Giraffe kisses...hmmm. Probably just an XL version of a dog kiss. I'd try it!
Thanks for posting a picture where you look beautiful and I have my eyes close. That's much appreciated.
It's great to have you here. Today...the waterfalls!
I meant to say "closed", not "close" in that comment. Remind you of anyone? Ha ha.
I LOVE ELEPHANTS! SO envious!
Oh Heather, you still look beautiful -even with your eyes "close" (hee hee)
Sheryl, you are going to look gorgeous with that sunburn!
I love the animals and can't wait to see the waterfalls!!!
PLEEEEASE email me - I'm going through horrible withdrawel!
Oh Heather, you still look beautiful -even with your eyes "close" (hee hee)
Sheryl, you are going to look gorgeous with that sunburn!
I love the animals and can't wait to see the waterfalls!!!
PLEEEEASE email me - I'm going through horrible withdrawel!
Post a Comment