I've done a lot of driving today. That means that I've also done a lot of thinking. I forgot that when driving in the mountains, FM Radio waves don't always reach the car... and neither do AM Radio waves, for that matter. So, today I had a lot of quiet time.
I was amazed to note how random thoughts can be. I like thoughts. They don't need any preamble or any "afterthought". You can just think one line of thought and then calmly go on to something else. Isn't it interesting too, how a thought can express exactly what you are feeling without even finishing a sentence or using proper grammer? Sometimes, only one word would pop into my head but it was combined with a feeling and didn't need any explanation. I once looked out my driver's side window at a mountain and the thought that came to my head was "Daunting"... but I didn't feel just daunted. So, the word daunting combined with my feeling of excitment at seeing this impressive mountain and also the feeling of being insignificantly small and created this wierd thought pattern that I'm on right now where I would like to retreat into my inner self and dwell there for a while without having to explain anything to anyone else.
I just reread what I wrote and I'm beginning to worry about myself. I did take a lot of pictures today. That is also what happens when I spend a lot of time in a vehicle by myself... that, and I recite Bible Verses and the poem The Highwayman over and over just to hear a voice. I don't think I could ever be a hermit.
So, moving on... Yesterday I walked around Mill Lake in Abbotsford twice. It was very refreshing (thank you Doug for suggesting it!).
I was amazed to note how random thoughts can be. I like thoughts. They don't need any preamble or any "afterthought". You can just think one line of thought and then calmly go on to something else. Isn't it interesting too, how a thought can express exactly what you are feeling without even finishing a sentence or using proper grammer? Sometimes, only one word would pop into my head but it was combined with a feeling and didn't need any explanation. I once looked out my driver's side window at a mountain and the thought that came to my head was "Daunting"... but I didn't feel just daunted. So, the word daunting combined with my feeling of excitment at seeing this impressive mountain and also the feeling of being insignificantly small and created this wierd thought pattern that I'm on right now where I would like to retreat into my inner self and dwell there for a while without having to explain anything to anyone else.
I just reread what I wrote and I'm beginning to worry about myself. I did take a lot of pictures today. That is also what happens when I spend a lot of time in a vehicle by myself... that, and I recite Bible Verses and the poem The Highwayman over and over just to hear a voice. I don't think I could ever be a hermit.So, moving on... Yesterday I walked around Mill Lake in Abbotsford twice. It was very refreshing (thank you Doug for suggesting it!).

Here is another one of Mill Lake.

This was neat. All the sudden I was "on top" of the mountains after an hour of driving around in what seemed like circles.

This beautiful waterfall is about 100 steps from my room at Len and Esthers' Bed and Breakfast.
2 comments:
The Highway man came riding, riding, riding, riding -
The Highway man came riding up to the old inn door.
That poem is now stuck in my head. Thanks Sheryl.
And your thoughts are scaring me too... ;)
That water fall pic is really beautiful! I bet you have gotten to stay at really lovely places and less then nice ones!
Post a Comment