Monday, February 19, 2007

IT'S RAINING

I drove back through the mountains yesterday and hit some bad weather. Nothing too drastic, but some snow and slush and some really really slow trucks. The weather out here is so strange. I left Penticton in the sun and plus 9ish degrees, went 20 minutes into the mountains and it started snowing and the wind was blowing something fierce... I half expected it to be sunny again once I got to Hope, but it was just raining there. A rain which has continued into today and is forecasted to stay until I leave. Hmmmph. The main reason why this rain thing upsets me "so much" (that means that it doesn't really "upset" me, just annoys me really), is that I straightened my hair today. I don't do it very often but I thought it would be a nice change of scenery and now in the rain... well, it's going to go frizzy and curly again.


I was checking my e-mails earlier today and was discouraged by how many new e-mails I had. Then I realized that it is Saskatchewan Day today for the very first, annual time... ha ha. Am I allowed to call it "annual" if this is the first time? The plan is to have it every year. I usually don't like it when people call events, for example, "The First Annual Women's Salad Supper" or anything to that effect. I've been to a couple women's salad suppers in my day and let me tell you, they are not anything that should be turned into an annual get-together. Why don't they do Women's Cheesecake Suppers, or Women's All You Can Eat Meat Supper. I would go to one of those very willingly. Anyway, so I'm glad that everyone else in good ol' SK is having a holiday. I'm sitting in a parking lot in Abbotsford phoning prospective students and waiting for evening to come when I get to meet with a youth group... in other words, I'm still working.

5 comments:

Stephen said...

Both you and Dunn are wondering about the annual time thing question. Wierd. Manitoba is working on adopting family day too, but they're only talking about it right now. It'll still be at least a year until we get a holiday in Feb.

Thanks for the personal pic, it wasn't in the last entry so I was starting to forget what you look like.

The Amazing Audrey said...

Hi sheryl
Here's a comment for you, it could have been an email... except I realized that I don't have your email address. So here's what I'll do... I'll give you mine and you can email me and then I will email you back. I think that's how that crazy email thing works. Well anyways enough of my silly rambling, and here's my email address. spazkiddo@hotmail.com
Enjoy you day
Audrey

Anonymous said...

If you straighten your hair, should I curl mine?

It's President's Day in the US today, but all that means is public/government institutions are closed (schools, postal). We had to host the hordes of prospective students who had the day off today (and Friday). I say the kids should be in school learning about our presidents, instead of taking the day off.

Anonymous said...

You start the annual ladies cheese cake night and I WILL BE THERE! Why not make it bi-monthly! I love when someone else makes me CHEESE CAKE (to cheep to make it myself)!

Melanie said...

Haha! Isn't it funny how those with straight hair (like me) want curly, and those with curly want straight?

If you start that women's something or other - as long as it's not salads (ew) - I'm in. Maybe just in thought since we are fairly far apart, but in nonetheless. I'll even think cheesecake thoughts to make it extra tasty.