Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'M IN BC!!

Hello to all! I hope everyone is enjoying their various locations and temperatures that come as a result of those locations... I sure am. It's a beautiful +12 here in "sunny" BC. It's not particularly sunny today and it was raining quite a bit this morning, but the rain has since stopped and now it's just a warm, greyish colour outside. I'm appreciating the warm weather. It just occured to me the other day that I have missed a lot of season changes this last year. First, in November when I was in Ontario, I missed the first snow storm of the year. Then, at the beginning of January, I was in Calgary when Saskatchewan had the worst storm in years (I know, that's not really a season change.. but it was still pretty significant). Now, when I'm in BC, I'm missing the weather changing from blasting cold (-30) to much more tolerable (-5). And, in March when I go to Africa, I'll be there over the day when winter turns to spring. How wierd is that?!


So, enough about weather. I took some pictures of BC for all of you out there that might be wondering what it looks like right now. Here you go... this is just round one, btw:

I took this picture just after the police man walked out of my vision. I thought that was kind of funny... Yes, Dad, they have lots of Tim Hortons's in BC...

My view from inside my car. If anyone is interested or if you travel a lot, you can always find a free internet connection in front of any Future Shop or Best Buy.

And... yes, those are some mountains in the distance. They look bigger in real life. I'll get you some more pictures of mountains yet. Don't worry...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

I can't imagine that weather right now... I am still thinking ski pants and scarf just to walk to the store one block away and there you are enjoying gray but plus temp weather! Weirds me out!

Dayna Chu said...

your missing seasons reminds me of when I went to Australia... left in January to get there in summer, and came back in July as it was cooling off there and warming up here (I also got my birthday twice on the way home... we stopped in Fiji and left on my birthday and got home the day before my birthday because you cross the date line :)

For all your info, it gets nice in Calgary in Feb too... it is supposed to be +12 on Saturday :)

Kat said...

Hm. Are you the one Sheryl I KNOW?

Anonymous said...

It recently got down to about -30 Celcius here in the warm southern climes of North America. Right now it's a lot nicer...about -12 C, and will get up to 0 C by Monday (32 Fahrenheit). We might actually melt some of this wonderful snow! I don't like that.

I miss Tim Horton's, by the way. Actually, it's more like I miss traveling with a group of Christian admissions counselors that often stopped at Tim Horton's.