
Again. I'm back in SK and what is the first thing that happens?? Blizzard. Snow. Wind. Poor driving conditions. Cold weather. I LOVE IT!! This is fun. I guess I really did miss SK when I was in BC.
Today is my day off but I find myself in my office anyway. I'm not really working but it's work hours and I can't just ignore the people that come through my door. I also can't ignore the e-mails that I get, but I'm really just surfing the internet and working on my own, personal things like Music History 5 (exam in May... yikes), recipes for our church Recipe Book fundraiser, chatting with Joanne online and talking about the reality of the spiritual world with Lisa M. It's a pretty good day. Oh yes, and I'm watching my fibre optics space lamp go round and round.
I'm trying to find a new book to read, but can't seem to find anything worth reading. So, if you have any suggestions, please let me know. I'm looking for fiction. Something that will keep me up at night because I can't put it down. The last book I read was "The Poisonwood Bible", but I read all kinds of genres. Please help!
4 comments:
"Calculating God"
by Robert J. Sawyer
It's fiction. It's thought-provoking. It's good.
The Pendragon Cycle Series by Stephen R. Lawhead
It is the best version of the ARTHURIAN ERA legends that I have ever read. Since it is heavy and intense and I highly recommend it for serious readers.
I have all four in the series. So you can borrow but MUST return since I adore these books.
Book one is very heavy but you get a BIG reward at the end and then the second book will suck you in for good! Well, that is how it went for me...
So I don't get to go to Switchfoot tonight thanks to that blizzardy weather... hope someone feels sorry for me... it will be a slow night compared to a rock concert...
Oh Becky! I'm so sorry that you didn't get to go. What is it with this weather? Does that mean that you get to go a different time or are your tickets forfeit?
Thanks for the book suggestions. I'll definately look into them!
Post a Comment