
This is the weekend of the SHBE Convention. That stands for Saskatchewan Home Based Education ... Convention. So far so good! I decided that for this one, I would modify my Giveaway Strategy (since coming to work at Bethany, everything has become a "strategy". I can have a mailing strategy, a recruitment strategy, a marketing strategy, a restaurant-choosing strategy... and now I have a new Giveaway Strategy - which deserves a capital "G" and "S"). Part of the new Giveaway Strategy (I'm not going to give away the whole strategy on my blog... ha ha) is that I'm trying to see what kinds of Giveaways are the most popular. This weekend my giveaway is wrapped up in clear cellophane and ribbons and I've included a BIG bag of Doritos with the regular T-shirt, pen and notepad. So far, though, this giveaway hasn't received any more attention than when I was giving away a portable DVD player. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm not a very good "wrapper" and the cellophane is slightly rumply... no, I don't think so.
But what do people really like to get? Or is it just me standing at the booth that makes them second guess their reasons for filling out a draw form? Have people become wary of "giveaways" in our selfish world? Should I make this a moral and spiritual issue? .... okay, I won't.
5 comments:
I am surprised... I get excited about winning almost anything. It seems that even when a little effort is needed a lot of people will not bother.
I found a wall full of accessories at this store in the mall the other day. Ten for ten bucks! You can't make that stuff for that price! I noticed lots of people saying "Forget it" when they saw the mass of stuff and knew they would have to stop for a bit and dig through. I, however, love a deal and dug till I was exhausted but ended up with lotsa fun stuff to carry home!
I would stop to win chips, a t-shirt and a pen from you anytime!
Amen to that last statement from Anne! By the way, how come Walter got a Bethany t-shirt from you and I didn't???
Good luck on your strategy - er, I mean Stratedy.
um.. I'll have to think about that t-shirt question, Mel. Hey, did I make a typo? I can't find it...
It's okay, I don't need a t-shirt now. Chocolates, a minivan, or a trip to someplace warm would suffice. I'll wait with anticipation (or trepidation?) for what you'll send me...
Hi Sheryl...just wanted you to know that I was here. This is probably the 7th or so time I've checked to see if there was a new post. I want to see some BC pictures!
BTW, RVA students love anything that's free...so bring some of your recruiter paraphernalia when you come here, okay?
Post a Comment