Wednesday, January 17, 2007

WEDNESDAY

This will be a short one. I have to be off to a youth group meetin' in 20. I'm not even sure if I have anything to say yet, except speculate as to how this evening will go. I again spent most of today driving with a few spaces reserved for coffee with contacts and some other people that I know! I actually even dropped in at Providence College just in time to give Clint some financial advice... (That's a pic from CCUF tour, btw) I really like my trips to Manitoba. It always feels like I'm just driving through home territory. Everyone seems much friendlier... although maybe now that Manitoba's slogan has changed, people will seem more "spirited" or "energized" or maybe it will take a few years for that to catch on.

Anyway, I didn't get any real pictures of Winkler or Manitoba in general today, but here's what I found on the internet...

7 comments:

Stephen said...

So you visit Prov, but not CMU. Geeezzz...

I'm not sure what to say...

Sheryl said...

um...would it help if I told you that I was planning to come on Monday until some potential students took that time?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I needed some financial advice in a Tim Horton's somewhere in up there last October. I stood there flipping coins over and over because I had to find the numbers on them to tell their value! The cashier stared at me, then smiled when she realized I was from the US.

Anonymous said...

BTW, when are you coming to Minnesota? Aren't there Mennonites down here too?

Stephen said...

It would make me feel tons better. Life is all about intentions. I understand the student thing.

Dunn... Unforunately my recruiting in the US is limited to my trip to Anaheim. There are others in the office that are responsible for that. But there might be a boarder run weekend that could happen.

We need an event to go for. Concert or something...

Sheryl said...

Stephen, should you really be using my blog space to make your and Dunn's exclusive social arrangements? I say if any plans are made on my space, I am automatically invited, okay?

And, I'm glad that the intention thing does matter, because I really was trying to get out to you and CMU!

Becky said...

"Spirited Energy"?

That's dumb.