Tuesday, January 16, 2007

ON THE ROAD AGAIN...

So, I'm back on the road!! How fun! You have no idea how much I love this job. I get to meet people and travel (I adore travelling) and work at Bethany. What a great school...

Today I just travelled from Saskatoon to Brandon, Manitoba. It gave me a lot of time to think over this last week of missions trip and how much I really enjoyed getting to know some of the students and to work alongside them as we served. I also listened to lots of music and went a little crazy in the car at times... I hope no one has put a mini camera in here. It would be quite embarrassing... the singing gets a little off at times...

I took some pictures while I was driving (yes, I know, I did this in Ontario too. I'm getting quite good at it:). I thought they turned out pretty good. I was actually thinking that southern Saskatchewan, although really flat and "boring" looking to everyone else, holds this kind of captivating beauty when you look at it in the right light. Here are some pictures with the sun reflecting off the snow. I, anyway, was captivated (don't worry, I still stayed on the road).


I really like this picture for some reason. I really like the sun and the snow and it kind of looks bleak.. but that's what makes this part of SK really gorgeous!

Believe it or not, this is a completely different power pole. You have to remember, I was driving at the time.

And, just so you know how truly conceited I am... I had to take a bunch of pictures of myself!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to get some recordings of your car concerts.

Did you cut your hair recently?

Stephen said...

Wow... I was gonna comment on the self photography, but Dunn just blew my mind. What a guy!! His wife is super lucky... he asks if a girl has cut her hair simply from seeing a picture. No prompting or anything.

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of a hair guy. I tend to notice changes in hair styles! I think it's a reaction to my days in the military, when all I saw were the same haircuts (including my own).

Anonymous said...

And just watch...we make a big deal about it, and it'll turn out she didn't cut her hair!

Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful thing to have a job you love!
Long driving trips aren't my thing but have fun traveling!

Sheryl said...

Thanks Dunn.. actually, I didn't cut all my hair, just my bangs. Good eye, though. My hair is longer actually than when we were on tour so I can put it back!