I'm getting to know a lot of the 1st year students this week. It's actually really nice to come back from some Christmas holidays and see all of their familiar faces and talk with them about how their holidays went. Now, we are all eagerly getting ready for our departure to various places for our "all-school" missions trips. Every January, 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students embark on 3 different kinds of missions trips. The 1st year students travel to different cities in Canada and work in soup kitchens, street missions and drop in centres for a week. The 2nd year students travel north to help run VBS programs with a church north of LaRonge. The 3rd year students travel oversees to experience a different culture and serve with other missionaries. This year the 3rd year students are going to Thailand. They will have a blog up soon and I will include a link to it here, if you are interested.
I've really been challenged, though, to make service a daily part of life. I know that I have been told this a lot in the past and I have done missions trips in the past that bring me back to this point, but I always forget. Bethany's motto is "The World Needs Servants". I have looked at that on the cover of our catalogue all year and seen it on our school banner and it is really taking shape now. Yes, the world does need servants. Yes, God calls us to be His servants. Yes, I can serve in many many ways. I hope I remember this time...
4 comments:
Blessings on your trip! I'll remember to pray for you and everyone involved, for whom I hope the trip becomes a significant experience.
(boy that sounded formal...I should've thrown in some thou's and thee's)
Oh yeah...as always look out for low flying planes. I believe the one we saw was in Alberta.
WHEN WILL YOU BE BACK?
Thanks Dunn! Becky, we'll be back next Friday (Jan. 12)
wow, looking forward to some stories and pictures when you return!
Post a Comment