I didn't get to talk about yesterday's youth event yesterday, so I will mention a bit about it today. Of course... it was (Dunn, you know how to say this word..) AWESOME! To be truly honest with you, youth groups sort of intimidate me. It's not the afterward part when I get to hang around with everyone and chat after, or even the presentation or the sharing part (sometimes I do both and sometimes just one or the other.. mostly just the other..I like that one better!), but it is those first 20 minutes or so, before the "evening" officially starts and all the youth are walking in the door and wondering who in the world I am. That can get kind of awkward sometimes. Thankfully yesterday I met a wonderful girl named Jen and she made that time lots of fun instead of awkward. Plus, some people recognized me from my days of working at Winkler Bible Camp and that also sort of "broke the ice", so to speak...*Just a little side note about that picture. That is actually in Altona. It is the largest painting (is that a van Gogh?) statue thing in Canada. It's pretty cool... and huge!*
The evening itself (after I found Jen) was really cool. I had a short time to share with them about Bethany and then there was a guest speaker, a Reverend (I think), who spoke about some incredible experiences he had while growing up. It was really fascinating. We also did some singing together and some of those youth can really sing!! After the "order of service" we hung around and ate cookies and drank iced tea (for those of you who don't know, Iced Tea is my absolute favourite above all other drinks drink) and some of the youth told me about their exciting missions/ministry experiences that they had been through. I was really encouraged by them. ... and I had a lot of fun... and I talked quite a bit about Bethany (because that's why I was there in the first place...).
Karen, if you are reading this, I just thought I should clarify that this is my kitty. She is really cute and I'm sure she is missing me a lot right now. At least, I am missing her. Look how cute she is....
1 comment:
I can confirm that your kitty is indeed missing you terribly! Shelan has been at my place the past couple of days because she's really sick, so Gabby has had some good company, but not as much as she'd like! She told me to tell you to come home soon!
Lisa
Post a Comment