Well, I'm off to Edmonton! Yikes, this has been a crazy month. But, I'm glad it ends with a conference. I think Conferences are one of my favourite parts of my job here. I get to take in some sessions and talk with people as they walk by and socialize with other recruiters from other colleges. I'm really looking forward to this weekend.
I've been in the office a total of 4 days this month. That's got to be a record! I think February will provide some sleep time and relaxation time so I can recover. February is a much better month than January, so it's nice that January is almost over. That's one of the reasons why I was so busy in January - the busier I am, the faster things go and I can definately make it through the year without January. I guess January is a lot like Mondays. It's the first month of the year (Mondays, of course, are the first day of the week) and it seems like it's the hardest to get through. As soon as you're into February the year starts to flow again. Hmm.. that was a pretty good analogy. I'll have to think more on that one. Does that mean that December is like Sunday? I guess I spent a lot of time in church and a lot of time thinking about God and my relationship with Him... Wow, this is all working out so well. September really feels like a Thursday, doesn't it?... Okay, I'll stop now.
I get to read (and mark) the journals that my Missions Team wrote during the missions trip. I've been thoroughly enjoying reading them. I wish I didn't have to mark them. I like to hear what the students thought of the trip (even though I know that they didn't write down absolutely everything so as to get better marks!) and it's another good reminder of the things that impacted me. I hope I'm not boring you all with my talking incessantly about the missions trip... this probably won't be the last time!
Yesterday one of the students brought me her camera so I now have a bunch of missions trip pictures which I will post here:
Food Bank
Calgary Drop In and Rehab Centre
Calgary Drop In
6 comments:
Make sure you check out the Panic Squad! I am choked that it is the same weekend as Missions Fest BC every year... but have a blast.
I am sure all you readers enjoy reading about the meaningful stuff you are involved it.
It is encouraging and exciting.
I know I am one who doesn't always comment when you write about mission stuff, it is usually because I don't have anything to say as meaningful as your experience...
Christ's blessings on your adventures!
Of course I meant involved in... even when I re read my comments I still misssssssss stuff... LOL
Hey Sheryl! Have a great time schmoozing at Break Forth! Thanks for visiting us last weekend - I've really enjoyed your friendship through the years.
Keep posting!
Hey just found your site. Sounds like you are having an intresting time. It's sad that it found out that your were in alberta only today. You could have come and seen me in Banff. Email me jesusdreamer26@hotmail.com
Amanda-Darlene Dunnett
Hey
I just happened to stumble accross your blog and found it quite intriguing. You might want to check out my blog. It's about the life of a used sailboat. (Don't you just love random comments like that!) Ok now here's the truth. I did just find your blog and it ws intriguing. You might wnat to check out my blog.... but it's not about the life of a used sailboat!
Hope this atleast made you laugh a little.
Take care
Audrey
Post a Comment