Friday, June 29, 2007

'TIS THE SEASON FOR FISHING

Yep! I LOVE fishing. I love being outside, rocking on the water or standing on the dock and the rhythmic cast and reel of the whole experience. The rush of a fish on the end of my line and the call of the loon somewhere in the distance. Ahhh... I wish I was there right now.

Fishing, to me, is also indicative of good times with Dad. I like to think that I'm Dad's fishing buddy in the spring and summer. I try to make him take time for fishing during this season because I think without me, he wouldn't really go at all. But, I'm pretty sure that fishing is good for Dad... and it's good for me and good for us to spend time together.

The last time I went fishing with Dad (last year) I remember we rented a canoe on Lac La Peche. It was very windy. I caught fish and Dad steadied the boat... I'm sorry Dad :)


This year has started off not super well yet. We went to Memorial Lake and fished off the dock. It was cold and we didn't even get a nibble. We'll have to try again soon. I can just smell the fish frying... mmmmm...

This is the picnic we had before fishing.


Yum.. hot dogs and ripple chips with relish dip...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good times. My fishing memories are a lot more dramatic and involved more stress and hard work because my Dad was addicted to fishing and couldn't go to the same lake twice and needed two boats and a couple tents for the shore lunch each time... lol... I will make an effort to make it a nicer memory for my kids, like the ones you have.

Anonymous said...

I heard there's some great fishing up there! I have to spend more time with my dad now that he's retired. We both have recently taken up flyfishing, but haven't gone with each other yet.

Becky said...

I hate fishing, but I love going. I sit on the hood of the boat with a folded up life jacket behind my back, eat spitz, and read. It rocks.

Dad and whoever catch all the fish. (Which they are not allowed to kill with me on the boat.) Then we go back to shore and magically the fish turn into these tasty little fillets that taste soooooo good with a cold can of Pepsi. Yum.

So fish on fishing-girl. And save me a fillet or two.