Sunday, July 01, 2007

OH CANADA DAY

This is my patriotic blog for my Canada. It's not often that Canada Day falls on a Sunday, but it did this year and my church did a fine job of being patriotic. I love my church.

We sang Oh Canada and there was a Flag of Canada, made by one of the kids, taped to the pulpit and the pastor had all sorts of questions about Canada throughout the sermon... there was even a Canada quiz in the bulletin!

I truly am lucky to live in a country such as this. I have the freedom to express my worship to the Living God. I live in relative luxury. The landscape is beautiful and without the mosquitoes and -40 weather, the climate would be pretty great. I'm one of those people who tears up every time the national anthem is played and whenever the Snowbirds fly at an airshow. The same thing happens at rodeos when the rodeo queen goes loping around the arena carrying the Canadian flag or... have you ever seen the RCMP Musical Ride?? wow... I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Yes, I love my country. I'm proud to be Canadian!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4th of July lands on a Wednesday this year for us south-of-the-border types. Kinda stinks, but I have to look at it as a two day week, then a one day weekend, then another two day week =)