Sunday, May 27, 2007

YC Concludes...

Ok.. on with the show...

Sunday... 8:30am, Wake up
... 9:50am arrival at Tim Horton's for breakfast... yummy
...10:30am, arrive at Northlands and search for an entrance that doesn't have YC-ers packed against it.
...10:45am, finally find our way out of the maze of staircases and hallways that we got lost in after we took the "side" door...
...11:30am, doors to the Exhibit Hall open and YC-ers run, not to our booths, but to the band tables for autographs.... and then finally to our booths
... 12:30pm, I start to wonder why our booth is getting so messy and where the pop cans are coming from.
...12:31pm, I figure out that the booth on the other side of the curtain (I'm not mentioning any college name... to protect their integrity..) is pushing their trash into our booth... and sometimes throwing things at us... it's a good thing we at Bethany are such nice people and didn't retaliate at all...
... 1pm, Karis comes to visit... HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARIS!!
... lots of kids
... lots of kids
... more kids
... what time is it??

Did you know that time actually goes backwards when you ask what time it is too much? Yep.. at least it seems to.

...4pm, booths close and Joeline and I clean up, wander around and say goodbye to all our favourite recruiter friends.

Okay, I'm skipping to the end of the day because the details of the evening get too complicated for blogging. It was all good and fun.. but the end of the day.. well.. nothing compared to learning how to play GUITAR HERO!!!! Thank you, Andrea for introducing me to this incredible game. I know my wrist will be sore from playing some wicked tunes, but it's all worth it!!

If anyone else has this game and you DON'T want me to come over... don't tell me that you have it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are working hard!

What system is this game on? We have a Nintendo WII and you have to come over and do some boxing with me! It is a real workout. You will be in pain the next day!

Sheryl said...

Oh Yeah!! I love Nintendo Wii!! I especially like Tennis and Bowling.. although Boxing is pretty fun and gets the violent streak out of me.. you're on!!

Becky said...

Youe job sounds so COOL! And FUN!

Dayna Chu said...

Hey, Ashley and I found that side door too, but the chef out on a smoke break told us we would just get lost. Did you find the kitchen? Anyway, I was glad that the kids were not running to our booths, because we were not really close to the *front* of that insane crowd, even though we were really early. And I would have been pretty upset if I spilled my St. Arbucks ;)

D