Tuesday, May 29, 2007

DRIVING THROUGH ALBERTA

You know I love Saskatchewan with all my heart, but there is something rugged and wild about driving through some parts of Alberta that just clings to me. Joeline and I stopped in Lacombe today for lunch and then took the 2A Hwy to Red Deer. The country out there is absolutely beautiful! Rolling hills, green pastures, happy cows and horses. Lots of ranches and animals, winding creeks and roads. It felt like we were in "A River Runs Through It". I kept looking around for Brad Pitt... wouldn't that have been nice.. ha ha. I've never wanted to move to Alberta, but if I could live in that little area (or a look-alike spot), I could definately survive!

I think Saskatchewan is just such a part of my being that I feel like I'm offending it by selling out to Alberta. It didn't seem this way when I went out to Manitoba because Saskatchewan couldn't be jealous.. :) Alberta, though, seems like the mecca of provinces right now and it would be just cruel to turn my back on my beautiful SK in it's time of need. Also, I can't afford it... Thank you Saskatchewan for staying affordable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! Otherwise I would never get an acerage! Three families coming to look at my house today!

Anonymous said...

What happened to Lyrehs for a name?