Monday, May 07, 2007

FOR THE LOVE OF POSTING

I am a little ashamed to admit that Facebook is now taking priority in my life before blogging. Am I even allowed to blog about that? Ok, back to Facebook. I think I am the worst kind of addicted to Facebook. I like to not really do anything on it. I can be logged in for hours and only look at my profile.. not writing on anyone's wall but still hoping that someone will write on mine. I don't believe this is a healthy addiction. I feel a little like a stalker. Not just a lurker... a stalker. I'm waiting for Facebook to make the next move and then I'm there, attacking my computer keys with glee because I either made a new friend or someone let me know that they were thinking of me... awww.

The YC Manitoba conference is over and it was good. We were so remarkably close to a Tim Horton's that I only went to get coffee there once. I did manage to get my awkwardly large, non-roll-up "banner" into Calvary Temple without it getting rained on and therefore.. wrecked. This was a blessing as I had no back up plan and my booth would have looked decidedly empty and bleak, even, without that banner. I usually use a roll up banner, but since our Ministry Teams (that's Bethany College's Point of Impact and Bethany Players) are on tour, they took my roll up banners with them. I hope they were put to good use... and kept in good condition.. and will come back to my office soon. I also hope that the students will also survive the trips! I get to meet with one of the teams tomorrow evening and I am very excited about it. I hope they remember who I am.. they have been gone for a while, you know.

Okay, I will post this on my blog in an effort to curb the Facebook addiction and to prove to others that I still will blog even though I am now into the new world of FACEBOOK! By the way, if any of you are on Facebook... are you my friend yet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what face book is as I just got addicted to commenting on blogs...

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to resist Facebook. Every student at Bethel is on it, practically, and most of the younger staff in my office (I count myself as a tweener...most other people are either in their 20's or 40's and up). But if you're waiting for someone to connect with you, I might have to break down.

Melanie said...

I'm your friend! Isn't it funny what facebook has resorted us to - snivelling little dorks who beg for friends - will you be my friend? Okay, maybe I'm the snivelling little dork, but that's beside the point. I do however think we should start a FAA (facebook addicts anonymous) group... hm, GROUP... do you think I should create that group on facebook? Hm...