That's right! One of my favourite conferences is coming up - YC ALBERTA! I can't wait... only 2 more days...I just realized the other day that I only have a little over a month to prepare for my first week camp speaking. It scares me a little. I remember when I agreed that I would speak at this camp, I thought to myself that I would get right on it and get all my topics in place. I was even thinking that I would make it all 21st century, mulit-media like and wow the campers with cool video and great effects.... but all I have so far are some topics, some verses and the story book that I read last year (Bud's Adventures - it does have pictures on powerpoint.. pretty multi-media if you ask me...). I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator. Well, I'm sort of glad that I am too... I know that doesn't make sense. I like being a procrastinator, obviously, because I still am! Things still seem to work out and I like that... but I know that things would probably work a little better if I didn't procrastinate.
Like this speaking thing. I still have time to do multi media things and to get some cool video ready... But, maybe I still would be better off doing some more simple things, like taking a more natural approach and doing some nature-like illustrations (Dad, I know you can help me here!). That's the first thing I should decide, I guess. Do kids really NEED multi-media... as in video/special effects? or can I step back into more basic camping "knowledge" and base my talks around natural illustrations... is that corny? Please help...
3 comments:
QUESTION: In what age category would these campers fit?
I will be speaking mostly to 10-12 yrs olds.
Blaa Blaa LOL!
Seriously though, ARE YOU GETTING TO SEE ANY OF THE BANDS PERFORMING!!!!
I need to go to concerts again!
Post a Comment