Tuesday, May 15, 2007

WHAT SPRING BRINGS

Today it is sunny outside so it looks warm... but it's not. This is another one of those marvelous things that I love about springtime. The sun is out, not a cloud in the sky, but you're not burning up like a piece of macaroni in a boiling pot of water. Or like a lobster, or even like a cracked egg on a desert rock. I love spring weather. Have you noticed that everyone starts wearing colours again once the snow is gone? I do it too. It's great.

Tomorrow is our Bethany Worship Night. We did this last year once over the summer and it was such a great time of praise, fellowship, and meeting new people that we (recruitment and student development) have decided to put one on each month between school years. The first one is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7:30pm. If you want to come, it would be great to see you there! It's at Faith River Community Church on Preston (in Saskatoon). Mandy and Joeline (Summer Admissions Counselors) have put it all together and I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

The ice cream shop might be opening today! Maybe I'll have to take a walk down to main street and see if the rumour is really true. Maybe if you come to visit me sometime during the summer, I'll take you out for ice cream at the "To Scoop" ice cream shop. It's a Hepburn highlight!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Is that new? I don't recall seeing an ice cream shop the last time I was there (about 5 years ago). I do recall going to the local restaurant and getting a TON of stares and looks because we were so obviously not from Hepburn... Fun community :)

Heather said...

I want you to take ME to THE SCOOP! Yum. I miss Canadian spring, all new and slushy and green and smelling of hope. I would take that any day over the locusts...

Hope your worship night goes well.
I love you!