Friday, April 27, 2007

HUNGRY IN EDMONTON

I'm sitting in the Edmonton airport right now. I know... I was in Calgary this week... so whatever am I doing in Edmonton, you ask?? Well... it was a cheap connecting flight. That's right.. I can fly from Calgary to Edmonton in exactly the same amount of time as it would take me to drive it.. but for cheaper $$... and I'm all about the cheap flights. Now that I think about it, though, I would rather be at home. With my cat. Not on a cramped chair. In an airport. There's got to be a spiritual connection I can make here....

Life is like aiports. There are always people coming and going in your life. Sometimes they stay for a long time, just hanging around, letting you know that you are not alone in the world. Sometimes they breeze on by and leave you wondering where they came from in the first place. Are you the airport person that ignores those wandering by ... or breezing by... or even those ones that are sitting two spots away from you? Is that what you do in life? Or do you really see what kind of a difference you can make in those people. Sometimes you only have a few seconds or a few hours... take the time to build into someone's life...

How was that? Actually, pretty inspirational (if I'm allowed to say that). Am I allowed as a Christian to "take a break" and ignore the people around me? Probably not. How can I show even those "breezing by" that I serve Christ??

Food for thought... oh yeah.. did I mention that I'm hungry?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very deep... I think you stole that idea though... Carolyn Arends song perhaps "Travelers (the airport song)" from her travelers cd... I love her stuff... check it out!

Are you still hungry? EAT THEN!

Try some manna from heaven and feed your soul Sheryl... see I can attempt to be deep too...

Melanie said...

Hey Sheryl. Just a quick note to say have a great time in Manitoba for the next few days. If you have any extra time (which I'm guessing you won't), feel free to stop by our house. Otherwise, have fun at YC Manitoba!