Monday, April 02, 2007

BACK FROM THE COAST

I'm just back from the coast... it was so HOT! It was hot and humid and sticky and there were lots of BIG spiders...eek. Some of the things we did:
  • walk on the beach
  • watched Nelson the camel walk up and down the beach in front of our resort
  • lounge by the pool
  • play pool in the Mahogany Lounge
  • read in the wonderful A/C room
  • sat under the pool waterfall
  • wandered around counting all the leopard statues

It is cool to think that I have put my feet in the Indian Ocean on both sides of it - in India and now in Africa.


Unfortunately, we had to send Deb back to Canada so she would make it back to church in time for Easter. I will miss having her out here! And... she had to take her camera cord so I can't post any more pictures...:(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds beautiful! It will be worth the wait to see you pics once your back!

Jo said...

Wow, what fun! Was the camel someone's pet? :)

Sheryl said...

yes, Jo, the camel was led by a guy and followed by another camel that I didn't get the name of. The reason I know Nelson's name is because it was printed in BIG BLOCK LETTERS on his neck... ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Can you find out the other camel's name for us?