I've met some of Heather's fantastic students here at RVA and they are, at this moment, cooking up a curry supper for Heather and me. A late supper, true, but it smells great... it's 8:25pm here right now. I can't wait to taste it.

Today was eventful in a non-African sort of way.. in that I didn't do anything strictly relating to the continent that I'm on right now. Heather and I went to the piano building and played duets for about 1 1/2 hours, sang a bit and laughed a lot. I miss playing duets with her any old time.
RVA is hosting a teachers' conference over the next few days so I'm not sure how much more sister time I'm going to get. I still have to walk down to the Dukas (shops) again in Kijabe and check out the Curio shop and maybe get another meal at Mama Chicu's Hotel. I really liked going there the last time. I'm also still on the look out for a few more momentos to bring back to Canada with me. I'm not sure how many more chances I'll get to visit a market. It's hard to comprehend that my trip is slowly coming to an end... :(
4 comments:
Slow cooker...that's all Laura and I have been using to cook the last 9 weeks! No oven or burners with our kitchen being remodelled. I'm so jealous though...I LOVE curry (from all cuisines). Can't get enough of it.
Hope you can relish the time you have left there. Try not to think of what little time you have left, but rather think of the opportunities and all the blessings!
Oh right, I guess without a stove, that's about all you can use for cooking... I had actually meant "Pressure Cooker" not "slow cooker". I had written Slow Cooker, though, so you weren't just seeing things.
Hi! I haven't cooked with a pressure cooker before. How did the meal turn out? I'm still jealous of your curry-ness.
Pressure cookers are great. I use mine all the time. Faster and better than anything microwaved!
Colleen
Post a Comment