It so often happens in my life that God uses these times to remind me of what kind of God I serve. This whole trip has been, on the surface, a holiday but when (I now remind myself) am I ever allowed a holiday from serving my King?... I went a little late to the session so I could skip the beginning preamble and sneak into a seat beside Heather just before the worship singing started. There it was… Good Friday… the entire reason for serving Christ laid out for me in music and lyrics. The whole auditorium resonating with the sound of Christ’s servants raising their voices to Him in thanks, praise, adoration…I often have to be taught and re-taught by my ever-patient Creator. My purpose here is His purpose. I was created by Him, for Him. The Lord is my Shepherd.
3 comments:
Nice reminder, Sheryl! Thanks for ministering to me (from thousands of miles away!).
That is a good reminder. I think it's also comforting to be able to meet God wherever we are even thousands of miles from home.
Welcome back to Canada! Hope to see an update on here soon...
Post a Comment