This came from Stacey's blog: Leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! Don't send a message, leave a comment on here. Next, re-post this in your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty cool (and funny) to see the responses.
Please people, don't let me down:)
15 comments:
Hmmm, so many memories within the short span of two weeks (low flying planes, celebrities just like us, "awesome," great dance tunes, "over," McDonald's, etc.).
To be honest (and overly sentimental), it was our first and last hug that I remember most. I didn't say goodbye to everyone at the end of the tour (I felt horrible afterwards because of that), but it did wonders that you were there to see me off. I'll always remember that.
One of us... One of us...
Heh heh. I can still hear you laughing as we pursued you... Laughing, and yet actually a little scared...
Oh yeah... And you and Heather acting out the scene in the fire swamps on the pool deck at Redberry. LOL. And then eventually in the pool at Redberry. I would pay big bucks to be able to watch that again.
Becky, I love it!
Oh, Sheryl, you are a BRAVE girl to give me an open invitation of this kind...I know a LOT of WEIRD stuff about you, you know.
Like the "vampire years" when you could always be found in your pitch black bedroom reading books with a little light. Weird.
But that's not actually my favourite memory, Martha. (Don't hate me.)
I also remember with fondness the conversation we had while driving home one time about the plank in my eye and the log cabin in yours. Ha ha. I love that you're the only person that I can have screaming fights with as an adult.
I think my "fave" was when Mom and I came to visit you at Shoal Lake the summer you were directing camp. We had great times swimming, reading Anne of Green Gables on the beach, talking on the rocky shore, celebrating our birthday together, singing while you played the jembe (sp?), going kayaking with Mom. Good times.
Hmmm... you're asking for trouble.
I remember you coming over to force Walter & I to watch Napolean Dynamite. And even if it was the umpteenth time you've seen it, you still laughed like crazy! You also introduced us to kettle corn that evening, I think.
I also remember you jumping at the chance to serve food to the students during OE, but being refused 'cause you stank like horsey. :) Good times.
My favourite memory....well I wouldn't call my favouirite memory but probably the most memorable one so far is the day when the water started running...oops I mean pouring through our office ceiling! I'll never forget that...will you? My fav. memory is just working with you everyday.
Like everyone else I have lots since you are such a memorable person, still haven't shown you the video I have of you doing a 'on the spot' puppet show in college LOL...
The evening I asked you to stand up for me... you had just introduced me to the amazing world of the symphony and we hardly knew one another but based on the love of Christ I saw in you and my lack of girl pals I some how mastered asking you... I was honestly surprised how it all worked out...
THE NIGHT BEFORE MY BIG DAY with us all crammed into an old blue Celebrity driving all over the place, running around tourist spots in the bush and getting stopped by police still delights me and I am sure Mirelle, Orianna and Karla too!
Aaaah Mel, I also remember the Napolean Dynamite-night ... and you Sheryl were sitting beside me. Oh boy :-)
We went shopping in Winnipeg. Maria had to wait for something with her passport or so!?!?!? And we explored the life underground, we saw pretty weird things ... walked and walked and we hardly found the exit. I don't remember details, but I still know that it was very funny ...
Oh and I loved how we both always wanted to eat at McDonald`s on our trip to California!!!!!!
Steve, "Where do ya want to eat today?" Sheryl+Kat, "McDonaaaald`s".
I know, it's long ago, because I haven't seen you for sooooooooooooooooooooooo long :`(
well mmmm let me see, i think it is just that you decided to come help lead youth that night and you fit in well, being a lil wild and fun, plus going for coffee afterwards, it was a blast of a night and probably not what you expected
Dan Froese
Remember when we got to big world? We were so proud of ourselves. Living in the land of ghosts and giant fish isn't fun without you Sheryl.
Lisa
P.S. Gabby wanted you to know how much she loves it when you play with the mouse so she can jump really high. And Daisy likes it when you visit her. She wags her whole body, not just her tail!
Hum. I remember stealing your car keys and driving your car somewhere else in the parking lot. We really wanted to bring it behind the school but you had no knowledge of the "bethany geography" so we were nice to you.
I remember bringing all kinds of useless stuff we found in the dorms like ugly big paintings into your office, you just couldn't say no.
I remember the hatred that filled my heart when I was told you'd name your cat "Gabby". Oh, and the night your cat just freaked out for some very strange reasons...
I remember the bookmark I gave you and that went around the staff. what a laugh.
Saskatoon Shines!? You kidding me? And yes, Sheryl, I realize that Saskatchewan is a province, not a city. Thanks.
Either playing the game where one person has his eyes shut and the other person leads him all over town and then at the end he has to point to where he thinks the starting point was or beating you at "21". Either one of those games were fun.
Actually Sheryl, I think the coolest thing has been seeing how you have grown in your relationship with the Lord these last few years. That is very cool. And I say "cool" in the old-fashioned way, in which it means "neat".
Ok have a good day. I'm not going to "post" this on my own "blog", as I don't have a "blog" to "post" things on.
JGE
oh goodness - you know the Redberry memories could go on for PAGES....
Sheryl,
So many memories. What can I say? I can't even choose. Going on trips to G&G's - singing, reciting movies. Princess Bride on the way to school (wow that was so long ago), being goofy together whenever, our million minute phone calls talking about absolutely nothing, shopping, hanging out, sharing our secrets. I love you!! I smile whenever I think of you :)
I got a kick (literally, from you)out of that time I left you with the van to haul the horse trailer. I guess cowgirls aren't into minivans, eh?
Post a Comment