The school year is slowly drawing to a close here at Bethany. That means that next week is the last week of school and the weekend holds our commencement ceremonies. That also means that I need to brush up on my cello-playing skills. I bet not many of you knew I played the cello... ha ha. That's because I don't play very well... For some reason (probably for lack of other options) I have been asked to join a small string ensemble that will play on Sunday for the Graduation program. We practiced today and I realized that I need to practice a whole heckofalot more before next Sunday! Although, as I said to Katherine (violinist), I think I get more nervous playing in front of a small group of other musicians than I do playing for the generally musically ignorant public... ahem...no offense to the public...So, I think this weekend will include lots of cello and Sheryl time. I hope my cat likes classical!
6 comments:
Ha! Don't play well!! Funny Sheryl!
Oh, and the kitties I squished in my dream... it doesnt' mean I'll come after yours. It's safe. For now.
Check out this article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040401721.html speaking of the "musically ignorant public..."
Not sure if that worked... try this:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/
content/article/2007/04/04/
AR2007040401721.html
You might have to paste it together.
D
I used to play violin (I think we talked about this before, probably on the bus). I'm sure you'll do just fine. Reminds me, however, of one of my former recruits who had her cello smashed in this spring by someone not watching where he was stepping. It was her great grandfather's cello.
Just be careful where you set your cello!
Did you know I play the Fijian Ukelele?
On another note... It's sweet to chatty mc chatter with you at the ole B.C... can't wait to disturb your office a week bit more!
PS: The Fijian thing was a joke. I play nothing. Good on you for the cello! I am envious, and yes, I will also let you play for me sometime.
Post a Comment