Thursday, December 21, 2006

SPEED WALKING


I'm back in the windy city of Winnipeg. Yikes, it's crazy here. I already miss my small-town-down-home feel of Saskatoon and Hepburn. I went shopping today among the tide of human bodies wading through every store, grappling at every petty item and spreading disease and germs everywhere. Yech. I have to admit, though, that I have been pretty good this year. Usually when I go shopping it is all about ME. But, somehow I have managed to stay focused on buying gifts for other people.. and I really really really enjoy picking out things for other people and imagining what it will be like to give it to them.


So, I came to my sister's office until she is done work today so we can go, yes again, shopping after she is done and I ended up in the board room writing a post for my blog. Suddenly, Joanne rushes into the room and says "Do you want to go for a walk?" and I say "Sure" and she says "Then hurry up!" and we fly out of here. If you don't know Joanne, I will tell you that her legs are probably 1.5x the length of mine... she is tall. So, we are "walking" on this errand before the other company closes it's doors and while Joanne is walking... I am jogging. How very elegant. So, now I'm tired.


The moral here, is that if you are going to try to be dignified, don't go for a walk with Joanne.


There. I made it through a blog 4 days before Christmas without mentioning Christmas... oh darn...

2 comments:

Stephen said...

So if you're in town tomorrow (Fri 22) and get this post stop past CMU. It's very dead and I could give you a tour.

Heather said...

Good post, Sheryl. I hope you're having fun in WPG. I wish I could be there taking walks with you and our supermodel sister. Even if it means looking undignified. It would be worth it. (We're going to want some major heels for the wedding, aren't we?)