Today was one of the hardest days of work ever. Not that my work was hard, but it was hard to work. Do you ever have those kind of days? My problem right now is that it doesn't feel like there is anything pressing. I know that I'm a procrastinator. I have been one for a long time and I'm pretty sure I learned that little trick from my older, and much wiser sister, Heather. It's pretty much a given that if an event is a week or more away, I probably won't be doing much work on that event until all the sudden it's only a couple days away and I don't have anything done. I'm also, constantly being surprised at how easy making these last minute plans happen. When I actually do get down to doing the work, it doesn't take so long as I had expected. For example, I recently got an email from fellow recruiter Dan Collins asking for more info about the Saskatchewan Christian Schools Mini-Tour that I'm working on setting up. Now, I have done all the calling on that one and setting up times and places to go, however, I haven't really kept my fellow recruiters that are joining me on this trip in the loop. So, Dan's email was probably the 3rd one that I received asking about the itinerary of the trip (which, I hadn't made up yet... the trip is still a week away, people). So, I'm sorry recruiters of other colleges... it's all in my head. I just need to actually write/type it down and send it all away. I will try my darndest. Please... continue to put more pressure on me... I work best that way...
So, what does this have to do with BBQ chicken, furniture and cards? Well... nothing really. Those were just some of the things that happened to me today while I was trying to "work". My parents were over for supper (which is a once in a lifetime experience since they live 1/2 hour away and I usually go there for supper... when I'm out of food - because filling my fridge is much like work... I don't do it until I'm actually starving and will probably die if I don't have food...) and I tried out this new "recipe" for chicken. I'm not a very good cook to begin with (KD and Ravioli are staples in my house) and things invariably flop when I try them, but this turned out remarkably good. I love my slow cooker!
I moved my office around yesterday. I think I should put my desk on wheels. Then I could move my desk anytime I felt like it and not just when someone else is around to help.. my desk weighs a tonne... and I haven't had very good luck moving desks on my own (hence, one wrecked desk in the summertime...oops). I like a change of scenery once in a while...Okay, the "cards" part of the title I just put in because I have two cards on my book shelf in my office and that's what I was looking at when I wrote the title. I do, however, really like getting cards. It's nice to know that someone else was thinking of me when they wrote it... even if all they wrote was my name and signed it with theirs, at least I was in their thoughts for.... a millisecond... at least.
4 comments:
Wow, I earned yet another mention on your blog! Thanks for calling me "wiser". I'm glad your chicken turned out. (How was the salad?) On my agenda today: a little something that you can add to your shelf...that will prove that I think of you for many, many milliseconds every day; also, a trip to the POSTA. Hope you get more work done today.
That's why I like blog comments and my site meter. Cause then I know other people know I'm still alive and even if they weren't really interested in what I had to say they still thought about me long enough to think, "That was a really boring post. I'm never coming back here again."
I agree with becky. Comments on the blog are great. I'm super flattered when I find out people are reading my thoughts and taking the time even write just a one line comment. Sheryl has probably been the best commenter on my blog and it's noticed and appreciated.
well sheryl here i am, checking out your blog.
i hope your happy!
your kitty is cute... i like you lots and i love pestering your even more!
Post a Comment