Unfortunately, it seems that my fantastic Saskatchewan trip is excluding the "touristy" aspect that my Ontario trip had. So, not to be outdone by Ontario, I have a few pictures of some touristy things that I
wanted to go and see today but because of weather (it was snowing...
lots) and time constraints it just didn't happen. Me and Dan (Nipawin Bible Institute) and Nathan (Full Gospel Bible College) were in Outlook today at LCBI high school. It was a really good day and we met a lot of people. We even stopped in at the Chinese restaurant on the way home... yummy... The first tourist place that we didn't visit:
This is the Gardiner Dam not too far (36km, actually) from Outlook. It's on Lake Diefenbaker and it's pretty impressive. Of course it doesn't look like this now because it is winter time and everything should have snow on it (I obviously didn't take this picture today...).
This is, apparently, the world's largest walking bridge. It's Canada's longest pedestrian bridge at 3000 ft. long.... pretty amazing, eh??
I think those are all the touristy places in Outlook. It's not a very big place. Tomorrow we go to Rosthern.. I'm sure there are lots of touristy things there.
3 comments:
LOL. I went to that bridge once with my family. After walking a little way I looked down and became so panicked I had to crawl back. Not kidding, or exagerating. Just seeing that picture made my stomach drop.
I love Becky's comments! Maybe it's a good thing you didn't go to the bridge, Sheryl. Imagine how much more terrifying it would have been with snow reducing the visibility, and ice making it more difficult to keep your balance! Eek!
Some nice pics there. The dam used to be a good fishing area back in 2000 with all the trout escaping. The bridge i never have seen before oddly enough, will have to check it out. Looks like fun!
Post a Comment