
This week has been going a quite slowly. For starters, there are no faculty around and no students and that makes for a very empty school. Thankfully, I'm not the only one in my department and I have some company. I'm going to start moving things around in my office soon... the boredom is getting to me!
I guess that means that I would rather be out of the office, touring around and actually doing something. Yes, I think that's true. Tomorrow I'm off for Christmas holidays, so that probably doesn't help either.
Speaking of Christmas, I've been reading some other blogs and most people are focused on the Christmas season. I've read some really good posts about the meaning of Christmas and trying to filter through the materialism to get to the truth. I'm glad that I have so many friends that are focused on Jesus and the true meaning of this season. On Sunday, our church family participated in that symbolic tradition of communion. I don't know if I've ever felt so happy and sad, repentant and pure. What a reminder it was of the incredible gift that God gave us. If it wasn't for Easter, Christmas would be pretty dull. I often just celebrate Jesus birth and wonder at the amazing story that God came to earth in the form of a baby... but never take it far enough. Now, I'm thinking of the wonder that God came to earth as a baby to die for all of us and save us from eternal death. That's the reason for this season. To prepare us for Easter. To remind us that Jesus is God. To bring us through the story year after year from beginning to .... middle (it hasn't really ended yet, has it!). So, with that said.. yes, I really think I'm really getting into the spirit of Christmas this year. Yesterday, I was even invited over to a friends house to bake Christmas cookies... and I wrapped one present! Hooray for Christ and what He did for us!
1 comment:
We're pretty dead over in our department too. Most of us are looking for excuses to not sit in our offices doing nothing. I should have taken holidays.
Post a Comment