Fortunately for me I was able to get up early on a saturday (that's today). I am one of those people who completely and wholeheartedly believes that one should wake up at the same time every day and one should also go to sleep at the same time every night. This includes weekends. Of course, although I believe this to be a healthy routine, I do not adhere to my own advice (and yes, I have given this out as advice to others...). I really think that if we didn't screw up our schedules by having a Saturday and a Sunday in the mix of a week, that Monday would be much less daunting and we would probably all be much more productive on every day.
For example, last night I ended up being more tired than normal and lacked the ambition to stay up late watching movies just because it was a Friday night. I went to bed early.. well, around the normal week-day time. Becuase I did that, I woke up at the same time I normally do on a weekday. Now, because it was Saturday I could lounge around in my loungy pants and loungy shirt for most of the morning... but also I could be productive (this is the key word here). I managed to do the dishes, sweep my kitchen floor, do an entire load of laundry, clean my room, practice piano AND unclog my shower drain all before 10:30am. How fortunate for me that my Saturday morn could be spent NOT in bed.. but working away. I have to admit that I felt very productive and quite proud of myself.. and a little disappointed that I didnt' sleep in.
Tomorrow, being Sunday, I also don't have the opportunity to sleep in. I will have to write another post on Monday just to update you on my productive state. I'll be a production machine by then.. I'm positive.
2 comments:
So I am sure we are all dying to know how productive you where on Monday!!!
Becky Fehr
you've given me the advice to wake up at the same time every day...! In Manitoba, people call lounge pants "saturday pants". Thats what they're made for ... saturdays. Since there is no such thing as Saturday pants here in Sk, I wear my Saturday pants all week long.
Post a Comment