Friday, January 04, 2008

OH WOW

Somehow time has gotten away on me and it's been practically a whole year since last I blogged... well, a good three weeks anyway. And then I wonder why no one comments on here. I really can't expect people to be faithful readers if I am not a faithful blogger, can I?

What am I going to blog about then. There is no way I can fit all the last three weeks into this little space of text.. that would have to include working, Christmas parties, Christmas programs, Christmas Day, Christmas driving, Christmas presents and New Years.. too much.

So here are 10 things that I learned over the holidays:
  1. Christmas 2007 - The Year of the Toffifee
  2. Yes... yes I can eat that much food.
  3. It would be a lot better if we moved Christmas to after Boxing Day.. that's a lot of savings..
  4. I would consider climbing a rickety bell tower fun on New Years Eve but stupidly dangerous on any other normal day of the year.
  5. Hockey, new skates, pizza and family all at the same time can be the best thing in life.
  6. The spotlight will ever remain on my niece... not on me...
  7. Time does not stop at 12 midnight, December 31 even though I have to get a new calendar.
  8. If I did not get the expired registration tags replaced on my car by December 21st... it's not going to happen until well into the new year...
  9. McDonald's twice in one day is glorious :)
  10. Travelling on my own $$ is expensive... when's my next work trip?

3 comments:

Heather said...

You're silly...but I really like your list. Toffifee and McDonald's and pizza...yummmm...I'm jealous. I disagree that Elena will always be in the spotlight. When baby #2 arrives, she'll have some competition. Also...when I come home, WATCH OUT! Haha! (Just kidding.)

Melanie said...

I agree with you - Christmas after Boxing Day. Can you imagine the gifts I could get??? ;)

Kelly said...

I'm not much of a tofifee fan, I don't really get what all the hype is about. But I'm glad for the new post, as I'd checked a couple of times and wondered where your sense of humor had gone... McDonalds twice in one day is better when you're not with kids who hardly eat anything healthy EVER!!