Well, the sega of the "Sheryl-get's-lost" is not over. Not nearly. I'm starting to get a complex. I thought I used to be so good with directions and all that, but BC really puts these skills to the test and I realize that I am NOT up to par. I found myself practically in Hope today when I was supposed to be in Chilliwack. I have no idea how I managed to cross the #1 without noticing but somehow, somewhere I jumped the highway and continued on my wrong way. I had been doing okay when I was thinking about where the #1 Hwy was in relation to me but then.. when this happened (in my subconscious or something).. I was completely turned around. I thought I was heading back to Abbotsford, but unfortunately, I was not. I was casually listening to the radio and singing along sometimes when I came across a sign that indicated Hope was the opposite direction that I thought and I was headed straight towards it. Then I realized that I was in the middle of the mountains. Hmmm. How did I not notice this before? Have no fear, I'm not THAT oblivious when driving.. it was a simple mistake. I mean, mountains are pretty easy to miss. So, I floundered back onto the #1 (I had been on a parallel hwy) and zipped my way back to Chilliwack. I don't have enough time now to go back to my room (with my suitcase) and change for youth tonight. I'll just have to make do without a sweater... it's a good thing it's toasty warm out here.. at least +1 or so! Click here if you want to see a map of where I went. I was actually pretty close to the Harrison Hot Springs.. if only I would have known :(
Tomorrow I get to meander my way through Vancoouver to the MissionsFest. I wonder what surprises of road changes will be in my future. I really really, desperately hope that I DON'T get lost in Vancouver. I've never been lost by myself in a big city before. It's a good thing I printed out a map of the city and my route through it to the conference. If nothing else, the helpful guys at the Enterprise rent-a-car office said I could phone them for directions any time. Haha. Aren't they helpful.. and they aren't even middle aged ;)
4 comments:
it was +30 outside today...I'm NOT rubbing that in... :)
Oh Sheryl...I'm laughing so hard. But look on the bright side; at least you got to be in a Yaris through your ordeal! Lisa
The scenic way is always the best way to go!
LOL! I would not have kept my cool or been able to write a witty note about it so soon after!
Post a Comment