I had a beautiful day! We travelled from Winnipeg to Regina and then did an event in the evening. The beautiful thing about this day started when we crossed the Manitoba/Saskatchewan border. It was fabulous. I know that I blog a lot about how much I love Saskatchewan and, once again, it came to mind how marvelous this province is! It is so beautiful! The sun was shining (which it doesn't always do here, I have to admit), I won a game of travel chess again Dunn (haha.. sorry, I had to put it in here), we ate at the Red Barn in Moosomin... just marvelous!
Actually, the Moosomin stop was unexpected. I'd never stopped at the Red Barn before and it was quite the experience. If you ever travel the #1 Hwy, this is a stop worth taking. It's a restaurant on the edge of the town (seriously, there's a field right next to it.. and then a graveyard and a farm yard...). You order at the front till just like a fast food restaurant and then you go and sit down and servers bring your meal out to your table. The food was fantastic. AND to top it all off, there was a couch with cowhide upholstery in the lobby. Later, when some of us were finished eating (and me and another recruiter came back from a walk to the graveyard) the Prairie recruiter fashioned a sort of golf putter out of a stick. We each found a round rock and played an impromptu game of minigolf. Who knew you could play minigolf with a stick and a rock and a small hole in the ground? It was fun... I didn't win... but it was still fun (see Lisa, I'm learning to be a better loser).
6 comments:
Rematch!
Sounds like spirited fun. It is great to do more then just be adult...
Sounds like this tour is more fun then work...just kidding... I know its a ton of work. Have a great time and oh and the mailout is all done except the Grade 9-11's which YA will do tomorrow night!!! Thought you might like to know.
Sounds like you're having a great time! Glad you're enjoying the tour. Don't forget to come home at the end!
I miss Saskatchewan...sigh....
almost as much as I miss you! :)
You're just good at hiding it with people that you don't know very well yet. Tell me how you like losing to them at the end of your tour!!!
Post a Comment