Thursday, October 11, 2007

IT STARTS

I'm in Winnipeg for the start of the CCUF tour. I have to say that this tour was the highlight of last year's career tours and fairs and, more than that, it really sparked the beginnings of so many friendships with so many great people. It is slightly reminiscent of camp where you get to spend a set (long) number of days with a certain smallish group of people. You get to know these people quite well. You see them in the morning and evening. You eat every meal with one or 10 of them. You see them tired and excited. It really is an intense 2 weeks.

It starts tomorrow evening. Again, like camp, I'm a little nervous about it starting. There's a little bit of the unknown in it all. There will be new people there, new venues to visit, new experiences to be had. All in all, though, I'm excited and... anticipatory (that is a word, right? It seems to be the only one that accurately describes how I'm feeling now).

If you have the chance, check out the CCUF website (http://www.ccufairs.ca/) and either come and visit me when I'm in your area on the tour or send someone who may want to come to Bethany!

4 comments:

Kat said...

hey busy lady.
just want to let you know that you have to make sure that you're in winkler at the end of august 2008 (or begining of September)!!!
I'm gonna cry if I won't meet you while I'm there. Because I don't know if I will ever be able again to fly to Canada. Soooo ...

=) =)
Miss you my McSheryl

Jo said...

Hi Sheryl,
Haven't seen you in a while. Wish you were here in wonderful Winnipeg.....

Oh, right, you are here! Probably at my house right now, eating my food and sleeping in your room (soon to be your room/baby's room:)Have an awesome day! I'll talk to you later!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Hope that it all goes well! And keep us updated on your adventures.

Kelly said...

Hey - I'm sure its going well on the tour - Can't wait to hear about the adventures you're having and all the great next year students you're meeting...hope one of my sisters found you today!